AdjustedCostBase.ca provides a feature that allows you to have multiple portfolios in a single account. This feature allows you to manage and calculate multiple sets of ACB’s using a single AdjustedCostBase.ca account.
This feature should be used for the following:
- To separate ACB calculations between a personal account and a corporate account.
- To calculate ACB for both yourself and your spouse or other family member from a single account.
- For tax professionals to calculate ACB for their clients.
- For creating a test portfolio to try out different features of the tool.
This feature should NOT be used for:
- Separating ACB calculations between multiple personal non-registered accounts. The Canada Revenue Agency requires ACB to be calculated jointly for all the identical securities that you own.
AdjustedCostBase.ca allows you to have up to 5 separate portfolios. To access this feature, click on the “Manage Portfolios” link found on the top left of the screen after logging in:
This will bring you to a page that allows you to add and edit portfolios:
Once you add multiple portfolios, you’ll able to switch between them from any page:
All your securities will be available for adding transactions from any portfolio. This saves you time since you won’t need to add the security multiple times if it’s used in multiple portfolios. If you don’t use a security in any particular portfolio, it will still show up in the list of securities but it will have a zero balance. Each transaction you add will only apply for the active portfolio.